Dr Helen Walsh BDS(NUI) Dip.Clin.Dent.
Dental Council reg no 31/98
Dr Helen Walsh graduated top of her class from University College Cork in 1992 with First Class Honours. Following graduation, Helen has devoted a considerable amount of her time to the pursuit of further education. She worked in the UK for 7 years post-graduation, during which time she was invited to be part of a pilot peer-review scheme in Kent from 1993-1995. Additionally, she secured a year long Oral Surgery Clinical Attachment under the direct tutorship of Dr Madden at Basildon Hospital, Essex from 1997-1998. She then embarked on another year long Clinical Attachment in the field of Sedation and Treatment of Nervous Patients at Guys and St. Thomasâ€™ Hospital, London from 1998-1999.
She is passionate about her work and her practice, and set up this practice (which is now known as Portobello Dental Clinic in 2001. General Practice combined with the continually advancing cosmetic enhancement techniques via use of Aesthetic Composite, newer Porcelains, and Orthodontics as well as the treatment of nervous patients keep her challenged and fulfilled. She is extremely perceptive and receptive to your needs as a patient, and as well as being very empathetic.
Since returning to Ireland in 1999 ( with some travelling bugs satisfied via South America, Asia and Africa intermittently over the previous 3 years), Helen has completed:
- Advanced Endodontics (Root Canals) courses, Dublin 2002 and Kilkenny 2005
- Aesthetic Composite Bonding courses, Dublin 2007
- Nobel Biocare Implant Restoration course, Dublin 2001
- Pain and Anxiety control-SAAD London 2005
- 2 year Diploma in Clinical Dentistry, Trinity College, Dublin 2005-2007
- Solutions for Snoring in practice, Dublin 2008
- Lecture Series Dublin Dental Hospital many years 2002/2003
- Wrinkle Reduction and Cosmetic Fillers, Harley Street London 2008
- Inman ( and Clear) Aligner Orthodontics, Glasgow, May 2010
- Orthodontics-Six Month Smiles, New York, September 2010
- Irish Dental Association Conferences 2001/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/10
- British Dental Association Conferences 1997/1998/2003
- Regular peer review and case discussion sessions with colleagues (general practitioners and colleagues) both in person and via web seminars and forums.
She is an active member of the Irish Dental Association , and was nominated to the prestigious role of Chairperson of the General Dental Practitioners Committee from 2008-2010.
She worked in Romania (based in a town called Baia Mare) as a volunteer dentist in 1996, primarily with orphaned children, but also with adults who could not afford treatment privately there. Since then, she regularly donates dental materials and dental instruments to others travelling to do voluntary dentistry either there or elsewhere.
Read about Helen in Herald here
Read about Helen in Irish Times here
Read about Helen in Irish Dental Association here
Read about Helen in C.A.R.D.I. here
Read Helenâ€™s Article in Easy Health Magazine here